There are numerous village festivals and local festivals on the island of CORFU.
Below we show you some with the relative dates, all concerning the summer period that goes from May to September.
– beginning of May: Orthodox Easter so particular and beautiful to be famous all over Greece
– Friday after Easter: Village Festival in Paleokastritsa
– 8 May and 15 August: Festival in Kassiopi where Our Lady is celebrated
– 9 June: festival at Alikes of Potamo, Petalia, Zigo, Potamo
– 12 June: S.Onofrio. Festival at Pelekas
– 24 June: Feast of the Holy Spirit in Kontokali, Stavro, Arghirades, Kastellani of months, Antipins and Othoni
– 29 June: SS. Pietro and Paolo Festivities in Kombitsi, Stronghili and Vitalades. In Gaios of Paxos great festivities in honor of St. Gaios
– 2 July: Our Lady of Vlacherena. Procession to Garitsa. Festival at Garitsa, Acharavi, Kamara, Fontana di Paxos
– 8 July: Celebration of Aghios Prokopios with its feasts in the villages of Kavos, Lefkimnis and Aghios Prokopios
– 13 July: Party in San Rocco square (in honour of S. Spiridione)
– 17 July: S. Marina. Festival in Benitses, Spartera, Avliotes
– 20 July: Feast of the Prophet Elijah in Magoulades
– 6 August: Festival for the Transfiguration of Christ celebrated in Pontikonisi, Perivoli, Strinilia, Evropuli, Paleochori, a. Deka and at Aghios Mattheos with several days of pilgrimage (August 1-6) on the top of Mount Pantokratoras
– August 11, first Sunday of November, Palm Sunday and HolySaturday: In these four dates the relics of the saint are carried in procession through the streets in celebration of the city, accompanied by the most important Musical bands of the island
– 16 August: Three days of festivities in Kato Garuna
– 23 August: Feast of the Panagia Odighitria in the villages of Gastouri, Pelekas and Aghii Deka
– 8 Sptember: Festival popular in the land of Afra, Marathia, Aghio Marko, Potami of Lefkimmi, Sinarades
– 14 September: Feast of the Cross at the monastery of Aghio Ioanni in Sidari
– 24 Settembre: “Mirtidiotissa”. Feast in Vato
– 26 September: St. John the Theologian. Feast at Karussades and at Porta Remunda.